Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
1976 kriesler crt television    

drumcat2108

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: 1976 kriesler crt television Reply with quote

Hi I've just inherited a Kriesler CRT Colourmatic 660. Which I believe was an australian made tv useing phillips parts.

Anyhoo, it turns on ok, I get an image, but then it turns itself off after about 10min. Then will turn itself on again a little while later.

It was pretty dusty so I gave the circuit boards a good clean with compressed air. But that didn't fix the main problem.

It came complete with ciruit diagrams which I'm still getting my head around.

Anyone got any suggestions of what the issue could be?

I've got some pics but am not sure how to include them....
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm presuming the whole set turns off - video/raster/audio/display LEDs, (if set has any), etc.

Good visual inspection part side and solder side.
Power supplies within spec and no ripple.

If it is turning ITSELF off and then ITSELF back on, what is it losing?
Power On signal, a power source, horizontal drive?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to see those schematics. Just for my own curiosity. That TV is older than me.
drumcat2108

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes everything completely turns off, in fact the last few times i've tried it, it flicked my power completely off, therefore not turning anything back on either.

Visually it doesn't look to bad on the board. There's a few spots where the resistors and capcitors look a little worn with age, but not near the power board area

I'll have to do checks on the ripple and Visually the electrolytic capacitors look ok on both sides, the power supply looks like the original. I'd have to do a test for the ripple.

I'm feeling like this may be bigger than I can fix as a home tinkerer. I'm learning heaps but is this dangerous territory
drumcat2108

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to scan in the full schematics in parts so you can see the detail, they're quite big.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58489698@N03/?saved=1

hopefully this link takes you to a few pics
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna have a hard time reading THOSE schematics. Be sure to include some overlap if scanning in sections. Could be worse - it could have receiving tubes.

Let us know when you eyeball a visually perfect, but defective electrolytic.

So when it turns itself OFF ... it loses everything, but it will then turn itself back ON by itself? - correct?
drumcat2108

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i've compiled a pdf with bookmarks of all the diagrams. so if anyone's interested in looking at them I can maybe email them.

and in response to JTS1957
I'd switch it on, it'd work, then it'd turn off about 10-15min later, then another 10-15 later it either turned on and was fine (for a bit) or the screen was flashing like the tube was trying to ignite??

However the last few attempts have seen me turning the tv on then 10-15min later it shorts all power. Therefore not coming back on again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com