Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
27R411T - RCA 27" won't power on    

ksgirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: 27R411T - RCA 27" won't power on Reply with quote

So this morning as normal I tried to turn my TV on while on my way to the kitchen to start coffee and I got nothing. No power whatsoever. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and still nothing. I tried a different outlet, still nothing. Finally I had to leave for work so I left it unplugged and tried it again when I came home, still nothing. It was plugged into a power strip with a surge protector and everything else on that power strip appears to be fine. I turned it off with the remote control as normal last night before going to bed and didn't notice anything unusual. We did have thunderstorms with lightning here last night. Could this be a victim of lightning, or just a coincidence? It makes absolutely no noise when I try to power it on and no light comes on.

I'm not familiar with TV repair and I don't really have any tools to do anything complicated, but does anybody have any easy suggestions of things I could try that I haven't already done?

Or am I better off just shopping for a new one? In that case, any suggestions on good replacements? I was hoping to stay around the same size in picture for under $400. I was very happy with this one.....until now.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could check the fuse. Outside of that it sounds like you're probably not qualified to make repairs.
I've been a fan of the vizio lcds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com