Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
36'' CRT TOSHIBA CN36X81 - PICTURE'S VERTICAL PROBLEM    

JabbaTheNut

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: 36'' CRT TOSHIBA CN36X81 - PICTURE'S VERTICAL PROBLEM Reply with quote

I have the following problems with my 36" CRT Toshiba TV:

Toshiba 36" CRT TV
Model: CN36X81
Chassis: TAC 9930

1. After I turn my TV on I always have frequently flicking lower part of the screen with also flicking a very tiny white horizontal line across the screen (about 2 inches from the bottom of the screen).
2. Then the picture get steady with a black horizontal stripe about 1 inch high at the lower bottom of the screen. Sometimes the picture convert to a correct full screen size for a few seconds with a mentioned above very tiny horizontal white line across, about 1 inch from the bottom of the screen, and then convert again to a flickering mode. After a couple of hours a cycle starts again with the same symptoms.
3. From time to time the picture get black with a white bright horizontal line across for a few seconds and then picture convert to a flicking mode.
This situation continues for about a year with a horizontal black stripe slowly getting bigger and more frequent flocking of the lower part of the screen and also more frequent picture turning black with only white horizontal line in the center of the screen.
So, my question is whether there is a solution to this without involvement of a technician?
I was wondering about vertical adjustment of the lower portion of the screen using a service code, but I do not know which part of a code will do that.
So, I will greatly appreciate any advice to fix this annoying problem.
Thanks in advance.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, what makes you think "adjustments" have anything to do with a "malfunction" I see this perception all of the time and it is a "WRONG PERCEPTION". Most people, using the logic that they can "adjust" there problem away, will do more harm than good.

That being said. How good are your soldering skills? You most llikely have one, or more, bad connections in the vertical circuit. If you post a picture of the chassis I can point out the vertical IC.

Jesse
JabbaTheNut

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Fixing a malfunction Reply with quote

Jesse Mack
Thanks for your fast professional respond. my soldering skills are so so. Which part of the chassis do you want to see, front screen or rear cover or inside without rear cover?
How much could cost fixing this malfunction by a technician. I mean cost of parts and labor?
Thanks again buddy.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside, chassis top

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com