Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
47" Sabre LCD LCT47PSKA Banding issue    

JimP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: 47" Sabre LCD LCT47PSKA Banding issue Reply with quote

I have a Sabre LCT47PBKA that appears to have some sort of backlight issue. It looks like the screen is broken in to 4-5 panels that go from bright to dark and run horizontally. Can anyone confirm if this is a backlight or LCD panel problem? I can watch the set the way it is, but would like to get it fixed is possible.

Thanks in advance, Jim

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to inform you that SABRE is out of business (bankrupt). there are no distributors, parts, etc, etc. I know because I was a warranty authorized servicer for this brand.

Jesse
JimP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Mack wrote:
Sorry to inform you that SABRE is out of business (bankrupt). there are no distributors, parts, etc, etc. I know because I was a warranty authorized servicer for this brand.

Jesse

Yes, I know they are out of business . I am able to scrape some parts up around the net and am also capable of component level repairs. I'm really interested to know if this is repairable. As in is it a LCD panel issue (not fixable) or a backlight issue (easily repaired).

Thanks again for your help.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I have never seen quite this symptom before, Usually a backlight issue does not have defined departure lines like those shown in your pictures. However, due to the fading as it goes across it would seem to be a backlight issue. I have never tried to change any of the backlights even though if you are careful enough it is technically possible. Individual lamps for the backlight are available here: http://lcdparts.net

Hope this helps

Jesse
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never seen that before either. But I don't think it's possible that the backlight could cause that symptom.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JimP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Mack wrote:
Frankly, I have never seen quite this symptom before, Usually a backlight issue does not have defined departure lines like those shown in your pictures. However, due to the fading as it goes across it would seem to be a backlight issue. I have never tried to change any of the backlights even though if you are careful enough it is technically possible. Individual lamps for the backlight are available here: http://lcdparts.net

Hope this helps

Jesse

I've replaced a few backlights in monitors and small TVs. I just ordered a bulb for a 22" samsung that I got from ebay. You can get some good deals on these things of you are handy with a DMM and soldering iron.
I suspect the backlight because it appears dark in the bottom right of the picture and it gets lighter as you move away. That to me indicates 1 bulb is either very dim or out altogether.
Thanks again for your help and input
-Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com