Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
51PP9200D/37 Phillips no power 6 blinks then 1    

footballjunkie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: 51PP9200D/37 Phillips no power 6 blinks then 1 Reply with quote

Model # 51PP9200D/37

Won't power on.

Power light blinks 6 long 1 short- repeats.

Was working normal and when I went to turn it on after a few weeks it sounded like a fuse blew or similar.

I removed back panel and looked for anything obvious- ohmed the fuse, looked for anything burnt or loose.

In advance I appreciate your help- obviously phillips was a dead end- I searched this site and found a few threads that might be relevant but wasn't sure which way to go. There is only one repair center within 50 miles of here and they want 200 just so they can send it 100 miles away to have it looked at. I'm prepared to buy a new tv- but if this is something that I can fix for less than 150..... I'll do it...

DISCLAIMER: I'm a mechanic- not a electrician- or tv repair tech......
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

footballjunkie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ideas???

I don't mind a shot in the dark as long as it isn't an expensive one.

I got my new tv, but I got this one just sitting in the corner- another big screen is never a bad thing.............

If you have any ideas, throw them out- please...
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found three ideas:
Try disconnecting the plug to the convergence board or MSB Board
from the power deflection board or LSB.
If good suspect the HVG or LSB. Look for any CRT fluid on LSB also.
Check for the 130volts and horizontal drive to the LSB

If you find that your HVG is bad you probably won't find one anywhere unless a shop has one on shelf.
If it is bad be sure to check your CRTs, one of them may have a pin size hole in it covered by the yoke. Just be sure they are good before spending a lot of money on HVG or a whole board.

I sent our large signal board out to PTS for rebuild, because the HVG was shorted. Part wasn't available thru Philips. PTS charged $82 --Great price. Before sending make sure it IS the problem. Shorts on CRT boards are common. Also one ohm resistor for 200 volt supply on the LSB goes out from bad video outputs. If 200 volt line is down, high voltage won't come up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com