Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
'96 Toshiba, Model: CF19F22 screen flashes green,red,static    

grandpamikedc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: '96 Toshiba, Model: CF19F22 screen flashes green,red,static Reply with quote

Chassis: TAC 9610

Just bought this TV off of craigslist. Watching movies with a dvd player this happens every time:

The first little while (30 minutes maybe?) there is no problem. After that the display will get a green, or red hue consistently across the entire screen, usually alternating those colors every 10 seconds or so. Also, it intermittently goes to static where we lose both picture and sound for 1-2 seconds, when the picture comes back online.

After we've watched for the 30 minutes or so at first I can't just unplug it and plug it back in to fix it, it seems to 'charge up' to the problem and not 'discharge' for a while. Also, the 30 minutes of good performance right after initially turning it on isn't a for sure thing, sometimes the 'grace period' is much shorter than that.

I do know how to use a multimeter and the basics of circuitry. Let me know if you have any ideas.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you inputting DVD via Audio/Video In jacks or RF (Ch.3/4)?
Does TV have same symptoms when watching through the set's own tuner?

If A/V, I'd suspect a bad solder joint. Either on CRT neck board or lead wire to/from it.
If RF, Tuner?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com