Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Ballast advice needed RCA M50WH92S    

drdreww

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Ballast advice needed RCA M50WH92S Reply with quote

So I just got this TV off of craigslist and it worked fine for a week. then it started having the RCA 5blinks of death. so i vacuumed and canned air it all out hoping it might get better with better airflow. it started working again for a week then started again. the tv comes on just fine, then after seemingly random increments of time the bulb would turn off but the sound would stay on, 5 blinks of the power light then come on again. have been doing alot of research and from other peoples problems i concurred that it is probably the ballast. i could hear it audibly snapping/clicking before the bulb would turn on. so i pulled the whole back off and found some suspicious stuff on the ballast board.

has anyone dealt with this before?
am i looking at having to get a whole new ballast?
or could i maybe just replace that transformer since it still works sometimes.

thanks for your help guys!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

drdreww

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump.. i really need some help with this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com