Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Bush LCD27TV No power, no standby    

Ulric

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Bush LCD27TV No power, no standby Reply with quote

Hello there,
I have a Bush (LCD27TV) LCD TV which worked perfectly until today.
However it won't turn on anymore: no picture, no sound, no standby, no front led...
On one of my first attempts to switch it on this morning, it very briefly turned on, displayed some snow, and switched off again after less than half a second. Since then, it has never turned on again.
At first, when power was on I could hear a very faint high pitched sound from the top of the monitor, but can't hear it anymore.
I tested for the wall socket, which works properly.
I opened the back of the TV but fuses don't look obviously blown, and no components look blatantly burnt.
The sudden onset of the fault and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any power going through the TV at all makes me think that the power supply may be faulty, but I may be entierly wrong!
Have you ever come across this kind of issue?
Could I fix it myself or should I call a repair man?
And if so, how much might it cost?
Thank you very much!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Ulric

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TV switched on again and has now been working for an hour...
I wont complain, but it makes it even more weird and I would really like to understand!
Neutral

Any idea?

Thanks! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com