Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Can this be Fixed...Toshiba Remote   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

HammerDown

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Can this be Fixed...Toshiba Remote Reply with quote

Thanks to this Forum and the direction from some I fixed my Toshiba cold start problem in my below thread.
http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/toshiba-tv-cf3572b-start-up-issue-pics-inside-help-t1206.html

HOWEVER...the remote control for the TV just died...I did change batteries but now no led light blinks when buttons are pushed.
Below are some pics and I will take better ones if needed.
Is this fixable??? Thanks (again) Ray

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if it were me, I would just dump it and buy a universal remote to replace it. But...

is there a model number on that remote?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the clear LED at the edge of the board for being loose (observe the solder connections while slightly wiggling the LED.
That being said and no offence intended:
Check the polarity of the batteries installed. THIS IS THE MOST COMMON OF ALL REMOTE FAILURES.

Jesse
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always figured the most often occurring failure was dropping it in the toilet. Doesn't everyone have a kids that's done that at least once?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naa, I think it must be accidently sitting on the remote that has been thrown on the couch and all the electrons spilling all over the cushions.

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it when that happens.
HammerDown

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Mack wrote:
Check the clear LED at the edge of the board for being loose (observe the solder connections while slightly wiggling the LED.
That being said and no offence intended:
Check the polarity of the batteries installed. THIS IS THE MOST COMMON OF ALL REMOTE FAILURES.

Jesse

Yes, batteries were and are in correctly.
Remote did take a tumble off the couch onto a carpeted floor but that about it.
Is this bulb supposed to have a split in it? It is very firmly soldered to the board, zero movement. (I'll take better pics later)
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "split" as you call it, is where the electons spill out all over the cushion. Laughing Seriously, the gap seen in the led in normal.

Look at the crystal and make sure it is not loose. it is located just below the main micro. What material is the board laying on in the pictures. If it is plastic or nylon you have probably destroyed your remote. (static electricity)

The part number for the complete remote is 23120239 and is available here: http://www.andrewselectronics.com for 131.79 + shipping and here: http://www.searspartsdirect.com

Jesse
HammerDown

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jesse, 131.79 ouch, I don't love this remote that much. But like a .99 cent capacitor for my TV it would be cool to fix it if at all possable.
Crystal, I don't see no stinking crystal >where's it at? LOL
I'll have to try for a sharp pic tomorrow in the sunlight.
BTW, I held the board up to a white window shade but it was a few inches away.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I captured and inhanced your last picture. It looks like from the picture that your positive and negative battery leads are touching. Make sure that when you install the board in the cabinet that they do not touch. This would make the unit in-op and only cause the batteries to get quite warm for a while. If they were touching your batteries would go down quickly. Also, if the batteries used have a short reach on the positive end, I have seen them not be able to reach the connectors causing a dead condition.

The crystal is just to the right of the microprocessor in the last picture. It has a symbol of this -/[]/- color in between the brackets and straighten up the slanting bars, it will be printed on the board next to the crystal.

Sounds like a dance doesn't it?

Whats the function of the switch? Maybe you have the remote in the wrong mode.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com