Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
CT-27G13W1 Panasonic Horizontal Line    

killian6pk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: CT-27G13W1 Panasonic Horizontal Line Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my tv as one you posted under Pan. Repairs. The picture has condensed down to a straight horizontal line and I have picked up enough to know that is the vertical section of the circuit board that I need to be checking. However, I can't find a schematic of this board anywhere to find the vertical section of the board. Also the tv has been unplugged for two days, do I still need to discharge the CRT? Can someone help? Thanks

Model #: Panasonic CT-27G13W1
Date Built: July 1998
I have also seen the above model number without the W1 on the end.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

comics22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be safe, yes id safely discharge it as a capacitor can theoretically last a lifetime of charge (80+ years even if its been unplugged all that time) they can pack a punch enough to kill you easy.

i dont know if its been mentioned before but best to do when you do this is right hand rule. put your left hand in your rear pocket or beltloop and only use your right hand (farthest away from your heart) to use the screwdriver to discharge; worst case senario is you get zapped between your fingers and NOT across your heart! it only takes 100mA of current to stop a heart (yes i meant 100 milli amps) Wink

i wish i could help with the TV problem, kinda new to them (swaping components i can do, dont know what symptoms mean what tho)
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IC will be mounted on a metal heat sink. How many at least 5-pin IC's mounted to heat sinks can there be? Let Google be your friend - look up datasheet for suspect. Maybe LA78xx series.

Check solder joints first. Cool
killian6pk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: I found the heatsink in question. Reply with quote

I have two other questions now. 1. In the pictures of dicharging the CRT The wire on the clip appears to be one positive and one negative wire, but the wire on the screwdriver shank appears to be only one wire 2. There appears to be a rather large power supply/converter on the circuit board with a large red wire coming out of it to the CRT. Is this going to need to be discharged also or does discharging the CRT take care of everything else on the board? Thanks I have a healthy respect for electricity from when I was a young boy and touched an electric fence with a wet piece of metal. That was only DC current, but still did not feel good.

Last edited by killian6pk on Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Either way will work; 2) Discharging CRT will take care of this. Cool
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com