Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Dead Samsung CRT Projection HCN4226WX/XAA    

Pythagoras

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Dead Samsung CRT Projection HCN4226WX/XAA Reply with quote

I acquired this TV from a friend. He said that the TV was on, then it just shut off (Super Bowl Sunday, poor guy). There was no pop or noise or anything. It was just like someone shut it off. When I attempt to turn it on, nothing happens. There are no LED's or noises.

I opened up the case, and the fuse looks fine. Nothing looks to be charred or disconnected.

When I plug in the TV (after it's been unplugged for a while) I can hear a very quiet sound, it sounds kind of like something is beginning to charge up or something. It reminds me of a camera flash charging up. It will last for maybe three or four seconds, then it goes totally quiet. If I unplug then plug it back in within a minute or so, I hear nothing.

I have a multimeter and know more about electronics than many people do, but I don't know a whole lot about transistors or diodes. I have a friend who said he would help me with soldering if it needed it. I'm a quick learner though, and I am great with following directions if someone would go step-by-step with me.

I haven't a chance to do any type of diagnostic on it, other than looking around back there with the back panel off. I'm going to check the fuse near the power cord tonight, is there more than one fuse? Where would you suggest I start?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm looking forward to enjoying my new TV with my family.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

curt wolfe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead set...remove red screen wire from deflection board behind flyback toward back cover side. The power supply will turn on, q371 on the red crt board , this dual transistor was shorted. it is used for the drive for dynamic focus. # 0502-000442
Pythagoras

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Are you saying I should remove the red wire to the red crt? If I do that and it turns on, I need to replace that transistor?
Or are you saying that this is what fixed a TV that you worked on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com