Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Dell W5001C Plasma Dead   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

goober4321

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Dell W5001C Plasma Dead Reply with quote

The other day I turned th set on and it turned off as fast as it did to turn on. So I though OK it took a little spike and blew a fuse. Pulled the set off the wall and sure enough the 8A just after the input power plug was blown. Went to the local repair shop and got another 8A fuse thinking all was well. I popped it in and went to turn the set on and nothing (same as it was before. So upon inspection of the power board, I found not a single thing out of place.....no blown caps no burnt smell nothing. right underneath the main power board is the video input board and there is an LED on. So I am not sure where to turn. I would hate to buy another board to find out this is not the issue. Please help!!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

goober4321

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say....these Dell units are all Samsung parts. The power board part number is either LJ4400109A or PSPF651B01A Rev 0.16
goober4321

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any ideas? Could it be one of the IC PWM chips that control the Va circuit?
goober4321

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has to be someone. It is all Samsung guts and the thing has no clicking relays or anything. Albeit there are lights on on the video input board.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the following :
Quote:
Green light continously on. No sound, no picture.
On the Y main board, I find four: ZD, location# 5016, 5017, 5023, 5024 are shorted.

Also, if I removed the ziodes, the TV set comes on with very good picture. I only did this for a few seconds.

May or may not apply to your set. Only other thing I could find were how/where to obtain PS board.

Last edited by JTS1957 on Fri May 29, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

goober4321

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These shorts were from another set similair to this one or specific samsung power board. Is the Y board the power board? And where did you find the replacements.....post links please
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're misunderstanding me.
Doing a search for your model number (with or without the "C") on a few other technical websites, this is the closest "match" I could find to the symptoms you reported.
It is what it is. Wink
goober4321

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok......so the main Y board is plugged into the upper and lower Y buffer boards.......I found th eline of the 4 ZD's you speak of.......what is a good way to test them? I tried continuity on each one and they do not buzz out but the one. Am I doing it right?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in doubt, float or lift one side of any two-leaded part in order to obtain an accurate result (who knows what evil ... Smile I mean, who knows what is in parallel with it "in-circuit").
Not sure what meter your using, but with my Fluke, I set to "Diode check;" hooking leads one way produces a momentary "beep" and a .1?? to .9?? (usually around .5??) reading in the display; then reversing the leads produces NO "beep" and a "over range" reading (eventually) on the display.
goober4321

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you point to me to the technical sites you were talking about earlier for some extra reading enjoyment? Thanks in advance for all your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com