Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Difference Between Digital and Analog TV Antennas    

GBertolet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Difference Between Digital and Analog TV Antennas Reply with quote

I have one of my tv's on the antenna, using my digital converter box. It's in an outlying part of the house where there is no cable co-ax run. I am experiencing tiling and occasional breakup on all channels, especially the higher band, (old UHF) channels. I am using a rabbit ears antenna, equipted with a seperate UHF antenna. For a test, I even ran a temporary coax to my old outside antenna, getting similar results. I see dedicated digital inside antennas are being marketed. Is there a difference, to warrant purchasing one? If so, what is the difference?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

oryan_dunn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No difference. A good UHF antenna is a good UHF antenna regardless of the signals it's receiving. Ditto for VHF. I'd look at the range rating for the antenna, that you've got it pointed in the correct direction, and that you have good quality RG6 or RG6Quad for the cable runs.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nature of radio frequencies HAVE NOT CHANGED since the Analog to Digital switchover. "Channels" STILL occupy the same frequencies now as before. (FOR EXAMPLE: Channel 47 frequencies are still for channel 47).
"STATIONS" (ABC, CBS, PBS, etc.) may have moved from VHF to UHF (or visa-versa) or from one UHF channel assignment to another.
If you had marginal quality reception on Channel 47 BEFORE the changeover, you probably will have an impossible chance of getting it NOW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com