Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Factory setting code for Philips TV model 21PT5027/94   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

jalal

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Factory setting code for Philips TV model 21PT5027/94 Reply with quote

I have problem in my Philips TV model 21PT5027/94.Unfortunately its vertical display get extended and caption display at bottom&top get little hide. I want to adjust the same but I do not know setting code for this model.Kindly provide Philips TV model 21PT5027/94 setting code so that factory setting can be adjusted.The TV display working properly and there is no problem except extended vertical display.By remote operation its setting does not work and seems to be locked.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://elektrotanya.com/philips_21pt2327_56_chassis_tc8.1a_ca_tv_sm.pdf/download.html

1) IF EEPROM data was corrupted by ie. a static discharge, or setting(s) were changed by somebody - properly changing data values should help, unless the EEPROM is defective.
2) IF problem is caused by a ie. defective electrolytic capacitor in the vertical circuit, changing data will NOT correct and you will be needing to readjust once the circuit is repaired.

In either case recording value(s) BEFORE making any changes is a good idea.
jalal

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject: Factory setting code for Philips TV model 21PT5027/94 Reply with quote

The TV is working properly and required to set with factory setting for that service code required for Philips TV model 21PT5027/94 so that thing can be corrected through remote control.The service manual link given are to give service for any component which are faulty. I think there is no component faulty in TV , only some pushing remote button wrongly its changed.So kindly provide code to try for vertical correction.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read Chapter 8 starting on PDF page #23.
jalal

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Factory setting code for Philips TV model 21PT5027/94 Reply with quote

Thank you for supporting.I have checked all factory mode over view(8.2.4) and found that out of 155 value 39 was differ from factory mode which I have adjusted but last 5 value does not allow me to change i.e BD,GD,BB,GB,RB. I HAVE TRIED NUMBER OF TIMES TO CHANGE BUT COULD NOT DO SO.Further as per point 8.2.5, I adjusted manually my horizantal & vertical picture view and get corrected picture position.Now display get corrected but By RC setting Icon 4rth(pic as magnifying glass) in which:
Band....its can change.
Manual store,Fine tune& auto store does not work.
Please let me know is there any component problem to rectify or how to get these bold things to be working through RC.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jalal wrote:
but By RC setting Icon 4rth(pic as magnifying glass) in which:
Band....its can change.
Manual store,Fine tune& auto store does not work.
Please let me know is there any component problem to rectify or how to get these bold things to be working through RC.

You lost me at that point.
8.2.1, 8.2.2 & 8.2.3 explain how to enter, navigate and exit.
With changes in factory data saved automatically (unless EEPROM defective), I think you are referring to something different

When vertical height, centering, etc, was your ONLY problem - why mess with returning every setting to its default value?
I'd suggest returning all settings back to values at the beginning (you DID record them as I earlier suggested - RIGHT?). Then ONLY adjust these values (50/60 depends on standards in your area):
HIT Height 50Hz
HITS Height 60 Hz
VP50 Vertical Position 50Hz
VP60 Vertical Position 60Hz
VLIN V Linearity 50Hz
VLIS V Linearity 60hz
VSC VS Correction 50Hz
VSS VS Correction 60Hz
VBLK V BLK Start / Stop
VCENP V CENTERING 50Hz
VCENN V CENTERING 60Hz
OSDH OSD vertical position 50Hz
OSDHS OSD vertical position 60Hz
jalal

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: "Factory setting code for Philips TV model 21PT5027/94 Reply with quote

Dear sir,
First I have tried what you have just written but unfortunately I could not get desired result, that is why I refer back to change all values which are other than factory set value. I have already recorded changed value in case of any abnormality I will back to re set the same value.Any way my one problem display is now OK with your assistance.
The second problem which was there still exist that is by RCin 4rth Icon setting Only Channel can be changed rest BAND,MANUAL STORE,SKIP,FINE TUNE & AUTO STORE DOES NOT WORK WITH RC.I dont know how to rectify this defect.Previously this defect was also there.
Can you suggest what will be probable reason and there correction please.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you referring to a normal User Manual area problem? As opposed to a Service manual area problem.
http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/2/21pt5027_94/21pt5027_94_dfu_eng.pdf

What are ALL connections you are making to the TV (Aerial? Cable via set top box? DVD player? etc.)
jalal

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Factory setting code for Philips TV model 21PT5027/94 Reply with quote

Dear sir,
It may be normal user Manual area problem but as it is not working setting menu of TV through RC, it may be service area problem.
I have only connected my TV with Antena at roof top.
If I refer normal user manual at page 13 i.e. Turning your channel Manually... By RC I can only chage channel, rest other BAND,MANUAL STORE,SKIP,FINE TUNE & AUTO STORE does not work. If I want to fine tune through RC , I can not do so as its not working.Other thing in main menu work properly i.e. Picture,Feature,Timmer and these can be set by RC.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the set get any channels (picture & sound)? Hasn't the whole world eliminated most analog transmission?

Be sure Pg 25/26 settings agree with your TV system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com