Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Forcing 16:9 on Panasonic CT-27HL14    

Heavyset

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Forcing 16:9 on Panasonic CT-27HL14 Reply with quote

Hello. This thing will not allow me to use 16:9 aspect ratio with 480p sources. The AR is greyed out in the normal menu. In other words, if I set a game console to output 480p/16:9, I can't choose 16:9 in the tv's menu as well. Fair enough, the manual warns of this.

The kicker is, when you go into service mode, it defaults to 16:9 and the AR is no longer greyed out in the regular menu. That's cool, but how come I can't choose aspect ratio when out of SM?

Obviously, I don't want to operate the tv in SM all the time just so I can have my beloved 16:9, so I thought I'd try to fool it. My plan was to set the game console like I said- 480p/16:9. This means the image is stretched vertically on the tv, because it is set to 4:3 and as I said, it won't let me change the AR to 16:9. I then planned to go into the service mode menu and unstretch the image by adjusting vertical width down. Problem is, nearly all size adjustments are greyed out in the SM menu. I can't change a thing except for a handful of items that have nothing to do with what I want to do.

Why would anything be greyed out in SM? How would a pro calibrate my tv if I asked for it? Must be some extra code I'm missing.

For this tv I enter SM by setting timer to 30, channel 124, volume on remote to 0, then volume on set to 0. A red CHK with numerals to the right of it shows up near the top left of screen. I select component as my input. I press power on the remote and it goes to the settings menu with an alphabet soup selection. Things like HPOS and PCC and VEAMP, which is the one I want to change but it's greyed out and won't let me, dangit!! This is with a 480p input. Nothing is greyed out with a 480i input, but that doesn't do me any good. I need to be able to adjust it in proscan.

Why are all the settings greyed out in SM? What am I missing?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com