Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Getting Cell Phone to operate from 12 volt car battery    
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> Electronic Repairs

John1397

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Getting Cell Phone to operate from 12 volt car battery Reply with quote

I would like to know if I use a 3.6 volt zenor diode and a 150 ohm resistor and a supply voltage of 12 volts from a car if this will work? I will be applying this current to where the battery goes not where the charger plugs in. And my understanding is that if you where to run this from only 6 volts it will still produce 3.6 volts. Also I imagine that the voltage to run a cell phone can vary probably anywhere from 3 volts to 4 volts without damage or operational functions to the cell phone. What I actually am trying to accomplish is to have a working cell phone in a car without the battery in the cell phone going dead as a charger will or seems not to deliver enough ma to power a cell phone.

John
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to figure out what current you want to the phone, and then size the resistor according to that 14V (car while running) minus 3.6V divided by the current you need = Ohms
John1397

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Battery Configuration Reply with quote

My bigger problem will be figuring out what the the four terminals represent on these Nokia cell phone batteries.

John
John1397

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Works good with power supply Reply with quote

I have got everything figured out and the cell phone works good with 3 volts or more when running off the power supply, but when I put a 150 ohm 1/2 watt resistor and a 3.6 volt zenor 1/2 watt or 1 watt and with the same power supply turned up to 12 volts the phone will not turn on could my problem be that the zenor diode is using up to much current not leaving enough for the phone? I did have a voltmeter on and when the voltage is set to 3.5 volts after turning on the phone it drops to 3.3 volts.

John
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://hades.mech.northwestern.edu/index.php/Diodes_and_Transistors#Voltage_Regulator
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> Electronic Repairs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com