Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
GFM v07lcd37 LCD in protection mode    

jimroberts0860

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: GFM v07lcd37 LCD in protection mode Reply with quote

i have a 37 inch lcd gfm tv that turns on, says "digital tv" in the bottom left corner, and then goes into protection, before it turns off red light blinks 6 times if that means anything. the power/inverter board is the same used in sylvania and maybe others of the same size. with no fuse blowing and no physical signs i don't really know where to start my investigation.
model number: v07lcd37
power board number: ba71g0f01042 (i have seen an identical board listed as ba71g0f01043)

i know a lot of you guys have spent many years of your life learning this stuff, so thanks ahead of time for helping someone trying to get started.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

piquahvac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: GFM LCD 37" Reply with quote

Hope this isn't too late, but I also had the same problem. I was just about to junk it, but figured I'd open it to see if I could see anything. Sure enough, right as the digital television display and the bulbs came up, seen a spark on the back left side where all the bulbs' white and red wires were. Seen that a few had melted the plastic and were touching. I jut moved them away from each other, and it fired right up. Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com