Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Goldstar GSEP-2112 - Won't Power On    

betlehem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: Goldstar GSEP-2112 - Won't Power On Reply with quote

Please help , any idea about this crt -tv, wont start up and there is a sound like Dragonfly inside the Photocoupler when i plugin the AC chord.

First when i opend this tv i saw the big Mylar Caps (brown) 224M 600v there's a crack on it. So i did replaced it , i thought the problem ends there. When i turn on still the photocoupler sounds like crazy like dragonfly under the rain. I did test the the secondary of chapper transformer no voltage reading all the pins. I dont know where am i going to trouble shoot this problem .. my suspect is the STR S6707.. I am not so expert, i need your comments or suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a Chassis number for set?
betlehem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Have a Chassis number for set?

This is the Chassis number GSEP-2112
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't seem to find anything relevant under that number either. Maybe the area of world set was designed for.

I find a power supply board with that number with a 94V ending referenced.
Seems to be appearing on other boards as well. The PS that I can find does NOT use the STR device you mention.

Many times defective electrolytics are responsible for strange symptoms.
betlehem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill try to check all the caps nearby. This chassis is designed with two circuit boards the supply separated to other board that has a flyback within it.

I just wondering why the other part of chopper transformer has no enductance, no voltage reading . I gues some diodes is open or leak .. the worse is the flyback might be the one damaged.

Ill try to pay some headaches to this tv .. ill will tell you soon the progress

brb...
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How close is: http://www.electronica-pt.com/esquema/func-startdown/25918/
betlehem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Very close, the design and the STR6707 .. thanks for keep entouch with this case.. ill provide picture for this board so that others can help if they see.

thanks for this diagram this can help me lot for future reference ill keep this one.

Anway, can i ask what happend if the IC1801 (pc817f) keep on tick tick tick...
and no voltages can be measured in the COLD area of the chopper transformer Going to FBT. The voltages present only in HOT.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're getting 110 Volts at D1814 cathode, then you should also be getting D1812, D1811, D1813, D1810, D1801 & D1809 cathode voltages.

IC1801 should be easily swappable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com