Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Haier LE40D3281 - Splash Screen on then no picture    

cdgreg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Haier LE40D3281 - Splash Screen on then no picture Reply with quote

Hi everyone, just stumbled across this site while trying to google help, thank you in advance for any feedback you can provide!

We have a Haier LE40D3281 40" 1080p 120Hz Class LED HDTV that is only a little over a year old. Recently, it started to randomly "black out." Not fade out, but rather just the screen turns black even though the TV still shows itself as on according to the little blue color. At first, turning the TV off, and back on would help, but at this point we turn it on, the Haier screen displays, 1 second later you see a blue screen, and 1 second later it's black. Some more information: It appears the backlights turn on, but then go out. Not sure if I have sound since I lose all display too quickly to get to a video (no cable, just dvd player and amazon fire stick). Gut says I do not have sound though as I never remember sound continuing when the display went black. I Tried the "flash light test" but I cannot see any images.

Below is a google drive folder with a few photos and the service manual, my knowledge of circuit boards and electronics is right around a 1 out of 10, so I have no idea if anything looks out of the ordinary.

Full google drive folder with images and service manual: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzihyt2y73YibUZoQzNLZmdadVk

Service manual: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzihyt2y73YiQm40Y3lDZlFnc3c

Any idea where I should start?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is like most others, most likely one or more LED(s) or strips have failed.

Strange that SM says LED yet give pics of CCFLs. Must have been in transition.
cdgreg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
If it is like most others, most likely one or more LED(s) or strips have failed.

Strange that SM says LED yet give pics of CCFLs. Must have been in transition.

Wanted to say thanks for the reply. I took the TV further apart and it is definitely LED (4 total rows). At this point, I am feeling like it is too specialized of a job mostly due to the fact that I cannot find replacement LED strips online that I could simply replace the current ones with.

Without drag and drop replacement strips, I do not have a backlight tester, LED strip rework station, or a solder gun to try to replace LEDs one by one even if I wanted to. While I am sure these are not all required to do the job, the use of them in the youtube video seem to make it much easier. Instead of spending $100+ on tools I may never use again, it may be time to find a pro to take care of this or scrap the TV all together depending on price.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If each strip can be unplugged separately, try applying power as each is disconnected.
Try searching by the number(s) on the strips themselves. Same strips may be used in different brands of TVs. And if all else fails, next time buy a more well-known brand of set.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look like the same LEDs that I've seen in some Samsung TVs.
I'd be curious to see how it reacts when you have one of those RED/BLACK plugs on the top left disconnected.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

cdgreg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I see quite a few different numbers and letters on the LED strips, yet I am having no luck with google searches to find replacement strips. Can anyone point me in the right direction or on the contrary tell me if the LEDs will just have to be replaced individually?

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com