Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
HELP Emerson LC320EM81 Power    

85daytona

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: HELP Emerson LC320EM81 Power Reply with quote

I think this is a somewhat common problem. The stand by light is on and the screen will power up occasionally but not very often. Usual response is some noise around what I think is the inverter board and the power on light blinks twice. When it does power up it works flawlessly but the getting it on is the hard part...I work on computers not TVs so bare with me here please. How to links or even basic understanding of LCD tvs are welcome.

Thanks, Chris
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are describing failed capacitors. Remove the power supply and inspect all capacitors 1000MFD and higher for being expanded or pushed up on top. If you see any capacitors with this condition, replacing them will most likely repair your set.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
85daytona

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now I'm getting somewhere. When you say remove the power supply what exactly do you mean? What I see in front of me is 3 circuit boards 2 of them have capacitors all over but I don't see any blown or bulged ones. What does the 1000MFD mean?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The board you seek is the one with many capacitors and transformers. The capacitors have their value printed on their side. They will be anywhere from 1/8 inch in diameter to 1 inch in diameter. the transformers will be anywhere from 1 to 3 inches square. It is the top of the capacitors that have a tendancy to bulge.

Good Luck

Jesse
Plasmatech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Solution for LC320EM81, no picture Reply with quote

It is common problem, bad Power-Inverter board.
Usually one or more HV Transformers are bad.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com