Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Help with T-Con replacement / diagnosis    

Inferno

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Help with T-Con replacement / diagnosis Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Sony TV originally with intermittent picture problems (screen would black out / flicker intermittently).

I decided to try to replace the t-con board, and proceed with buht possibly (or maybe somehow determine if the panel failed).

I bought a t-con board from tri-state module, and replaced it. The TV would turn on and turn off immediately, and show 5 blinks. I put the original t-con board back, and the tv would turn on and stay on (with no picture anymore. but Backlight is on).

I assumed that I possibly got a bad t-con board, and order another from a different source. With this 2nd t-con board, I have the same system, tv turns off immediately, with 5 blinking lights.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel like I'm missing something. The fact that my symptoms change with t-con board replacement leads me to believe that not all 3 are working the same (either the original is good, and the 2 new are bad, or the original is bad, and the 2 new are good, and I'm missing a step).

Can anyone help me?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferno wrote:
I feel like I'm missing something.

That would be the TV model number and Tcon board part number(s).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com