Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi, 1993, 46EX3B Relay clicks but no picture, no sound.   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

jshort74

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Hitachi, 1993, 46EX3B Relay clicks but no picture, no sound. Reply with quote

I just picked up a 1993 Hitachi 46EX3B on heavy trash pick-up day. If I can get it working it will be better than what I am currently watching, and times are tough so I don't see that new plasma comming on the horizon anytime soon!

I plugged it in and hit the on button. I heard the relay click and the LED "ON" indicator lit up, but nothing on the screen and there is no sound. After reading a couple of threads on the same subject, I plan to check all of the fuses first. Then the iso901 STR-M6511. It was unclear on the previous thread so, when you say iso901 that is the board that the regulator is located on, right? Also, the other threads never answered if there is a way to test the regulator before I start swaping parts? Lastly, does anyone have or know where I could find a free .pdf of the service manual for this TV?

I have fixed all kinds of stuff but never a TV. If I can't get it going for $20 or so I'll just set it by the road.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bet money on that STR-M6511 being bad.
jshort74

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the fuses have continuity. So, I'm going to order that STR-M6511 and give it a try.
jshort74

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just replaced the STR-M6511 now I have sound. I am currently getting the fuzzy screen sound on all channels. It seems to be changing channels but I get nothing out of the any of the projectors. Also, I now have the typical TV “power up sounds” that I never had before when only the relay clicked. Does anyone have any ideas? I have no cable or DVD signal coming into the TV, would that make a difference?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually whether a signal is connected or not doesn't matter, but won't hurt anything to try with a signal. How about any on screen displays?
Are filaments in the necks of the CRTs lit?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

jshort74

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing showing on the screen, not even fuzz (snow). I am getting the fuzz (snow) sound. Can you tell me what the CRTs are? I didn't see anything lit.

Thanks
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rear looks something like this CRT necks w/boards:
http://www.riddledtv.com/repair/pics/toshiba51H84/toshiba51H84-2.jpg
jshort74

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they the 3 things that look like old vaccum tubes? If they are working correctly they will be lit up like light bulbs? Right?
jshort74

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshort74 wrote:
Are they the 3 things that look like old vaccum tubes? If they are working correctly they will be lit up like light bulbs? Right?

If they are the 3 vaccum tubes looking things, I did see a dim light at the bottom of each of them when I turned all of the lights off in the room.

One more thing, I unplugged the TV before turning it off by the switch. When I did this the CRT's lit up bright for a second and the speakers poped at the same time.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES. The fronts YES bright - the necks in back will have an orange glow inside (like a lit cigarette).
See:
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question694.htm

Any OSD? Maybe the set originally failed while it was on a Video input?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com