Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi 50UX22B shuts off    

rifle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 50UX22B shuts off Reply with quote

Hello im new to the forum and Im your typical Jo-Smo whos TV quit working and needs some help.

I have a Hitachi 50UX22B that wont stay power on. I hear a clicking when the power button is pushed. I used to just keep cycling the power button until the TV turned on but the ole thing finally crapped out. I took the back cover off and noticed a series of green and red lights on what appears to be the circut board. One red light stays on and all the green briefly light but quickly dim when the power is turned on.

Does anybody have any ideas? A friend gave me the TV and I really like the unit and dont really want to take the monster to a repair shop.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You either have a convergence or power supply problem.
rifle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Hitachi 50UX22B Reply with quote

Thanks JTS1975. Sounds like a good place to start. I hope parts arent too hard to find for this dinasaur of a TV.

Happy New Year to all members!
rifle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 50UX22B Reply with quote

Well my TV is fixed. I found some advice online suggesting unplugging the TV for at least four hours and see what happens. So I unplugged the set overnight and when I hit the power button shazamm....problem solved. I cleaned the mirror and lenses on the projection tubes and the picture is like brand new. Hope this post can help someone else in the future! Cool
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will come back.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

rifle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Hitachi50UXB Reply with quote

Well you were right, the problem came back. Crying or Very sad I know manufacturs stop making parts afer 12 years or so. Does anyone have any ideas where to find parts for my tv. Im sure somewhere, someone has the parts I need.

thanks
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until you know which part(s) are needed, searching is moot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com