Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
hitachi 51f59j initial settings    

Fat Snook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: hitachi 51f59j initial settings Reply with quote

I got this rear projection tv for free with no remote. When I turn it on it wants me to choose a language. None of the front panel buttons will do this. I can go to settings and input but can't get past this language screen. Any ideas as to what I can do?? I know this thing works.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should. See page #8 of operating instructions.
http://www.manualslib.com/download/68066/Hitachi-51f59.html
Fat Snook

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried time and time again. The buttons work. They just don't do anything on the initial settings. So frustrated.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Let's start from the beginning and take this a step at a time.

Fat Snook wrote:
When I turn it on it wants me to choose a language.

Is this what you are incorrectly referring to as 'Initial settings:' "Setup>Menu Preference>Set The Language" ?

If so maybe the labels are worn off some of the front panel buttons. Left column is how button functions in the TV mode / Right column is how the SAME button functions in the Menu mode.

Volume Down = Move Cursor Left
Volume Up = Move Cursor Right
Channel Down = Move Cursor Down
Channel Up = Move Cursor Up
Menu = (Enter Menu) SELECT Menu item
Input = Exit
Fat Snook

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All buttons labels correctly. I'm about to discard this set. The green bulb now comes on when it wants to. None of the colors are aligned with each other anymore. Magic focus gets stuck on red. Should I cut my losses?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Fat Snook

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.......I feel a bit stupid. Lol it turns out that my wife had connected our new blue ray player. Those initial settings were for it and not the TV.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. That's awesome.
Thank you for telling us. So your other issues with the green CRT and the convergence are now unrelated to the button issue. I'm not sure what is going on with the green honestly, but it sounds like you have bad convergence ICs.

How are you at soldering on circuit boards?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com