Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi 57F59A convergence and power down    

TomB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 57F59A convergence and power down Reply with quote

Hello - I have a rear projection Hitachi 57F59A which has had the convergence problem for quite a few months, although still watchable. The other night, the TV suddenly powered down, when I press the power button the relay clicks, the power light comes on for about 3 seconds, and then powers off - no picture.
I opened up the back of the TV and all the LEDs on the power PCB are green and lit, and all the fuses check out.
I was thinking of doing the IC replacement, or just replacing the entire Signal PWB, since the difference in price is only about 100 bucks and replacing the entire PCB would be simpler than soldering the new ICs into place (my soldering skills aren't what they used to be).
My concern is: before I buy and replace this board, is it possible that the problem could go beyond this board to the power PWB, or am I most likely headed in the right direction by replacing the signal PWB? Im figuring since the conversion was already off anyway (warped), the board needs to be replaced regardless - but Im not sure if the sudden issue with the set not powering up and staying on may be a seperate problem.
Would appreciate any advice...if I can do a simple replacement of the Signal PWB, its a lot cheaper than calling a repair tech out.
Thx!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you believe that one of the convergence ICs is keeping the set from turning on - remove them and see if symptom changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com