Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi 57S700 green/purple flashing - Menu shows fine    

GeckoAddict

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 57S700 green/purple flashing - Menu shows fine Reply with quote

Model: Hitachi 57S700 (rear projection CRT)

It is randomly jumping to a flashing green and purple screen after working for a few minutes. It happens to all the inputs (HDMI, Component, standard analog video, antenna). Sometimes its flips to a pattern of green as well. While doing this, the on screen menu and magic focus work and display perfectly. Here's two videos that show two of the three ways it's been failing (in the second video, the purple is actually pretty dark and it's consistent across the screen, it's just the bad iPhone video camera that makes it look like it's brighter in the center):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2wi5si5JEA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4dBwC2vBj4

The TV will occasionally work for the first 30 seconds to 20 minutes before flipping to this mode and I have seen it once correct itself for a few minutes. I figure something is loose or a solder joint has gone bad but I'm not sure where to start looking on this TV. I wouldn't even mind swapping a whole board if someone can point me to a part number that will for sure fix this. Thanks for any help!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

slinteriors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres something to check
Symptom: Flashing different colors, R, G, B.
Cause: Check for cold solder connection on Crystal XY06 off pin 10 of IC IY04, Terminal pwb.
GeckoAddict

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a look when I get home tonight. Thanks!
slinteriors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome let me know if you need further assistance or need any service info for your model.
GeckoAddict

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That completely worked! The solder on that pin was loose and lifting off the board a touch (it was really hard to see, but you could see the ring on the solder joint around the pin). The hardest part was getting the input board off the main (those clips are hard to reach).

Thanks for your help!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

slinteriors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could assist with the problem congratulations on a job well done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com