Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi 61UDX10B picture squished    

kylerawn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Hitachi 61UDX10B picture squished Reply with quote

This message is regarding a Hitachi TV that the picture does not work correctly

Make : Hitachi
Model 61UDX10B
Chassis: DP15

About 7 months ago I replace the IC's in the set because the picture what looking squished at the top and bottom a little and the colors were really off. Now about 2-3 weeks ago my TV was starting to do weird things. Some times it flickers the picture when it flickers it has no audio other times the TV just won't show any picture nor audio and then other times the pictures looks extremely squished alot worse then what it did a few months ago but the audio still works fin I have posted a picture below to show what it is looking like. Can anybody figure out maybe whats wrong or how I would be able to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was the convergence ICs before, this time looks to be the vertical output IC and possibly bad electrolytic capacitor(s) in the same area. Wink
kylerawn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Smile do you know where I would buy them from?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Locate the Vertical Output IC in the "Real World."
2) Use your eyes to "read" the letters/numerals off of it (You may wish to take the extra step of jotting these down onto a piece of paper).
3) You could use the SAME place you obtained the previous parts from OR you could Go to the Google box (or YOUR favorite search engine) and type "purchase + " AND those SAME "letters/numerals" and hit enter/go and choose one of these OR try www.mcmelectronics.com/ Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com