Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi 61uwx10b    

ericb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 61uwx10b Reply with quote

I have a hitachi 61UWX10B and i have a curved blue line at the top and bottom of the screen.The tv's colors also seem to be seperating.Everything has a blue or yellow shadow around it.From what i've read on the forums so far it sounds like a convergence problem.I live about an hour away from the nearest repair shop which makes it nearly impossible to get someone to come out and look at it without costing more than the tv is worth.I think I can fix it myself from what i have read on the forums so far.I have already checked on the two STK ICs and found the replacements for them.Is this my problem and if so is there anything I need to know before replacing them.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I would suspect the convergence ICs (STK-*) are your problem.

I would try adjusting the convergence first to see it is just needing an adjustment.
ericb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may be a dumb question but how do I check to see if it just needs adjusting? Thanks for your time.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to follow the procedure in the service manual.
ericb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any suggestions on where to buy the replacement parts.Is MCM a good company to buy from?Thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had good results with them.
tomhorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Hitachi 61UWX10B - Curved line at bottom Reply with quote

This is a simple fix, if you take the front panel off, carefully set it aside as not to damage ribbon to the front control panel. Two grey pots are on the bottom with the TV on turn each with a philips, essentially this is a "pin cushion" adjustment, and horizontal (height) adjustment. screw it back together, hit the magic focus and you should be good. If all three colors are curved on all four sides, need to replace the convergence, thermal problem.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timely, very timely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com