Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi bigscreen 61SDX01B got wet on front    

gem80

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Hitachi bigscreen 61SDX01B got wet on front Reply with quote

Ok, I need help bad. My finances are not good right now and I'd hate to loose this t.v.

Hitachi 61SDX01B 65in t.v.

It got wet while turned on, but I did not notice until the next day. The screen was black, and I had to unplug it to shut it off. I opened up the front, dried everything up, brushed the boards that got wet, mainly the front one with power, input, menu buttons ect.

Now when I turn it on, the initial setup screen shows up, go's through some of the setup on it's own, then it shows a fuzzy screen for a bit and keeps moving the picture in picture around, and then a screen about plug and play pops up, the screen go's black, and keeps cycling through channels on its own and won't stop. it says antenna a 2, and then gets up to 70, and then starts back at 2. The remote doesn't work at all, and the only front button that does anything is the power button.

I have no idea what to do, but really hope there is a fix for this. I really can't afford much and hope my tv is savable. Thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

mx6er2587

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like its probably a bad component on the front control board. I'd take it back apart and inspect for obviously burnt components or popped capacitors. Post pictures if you can. Could be as simple as replacing a $0.25 capacitor.
gem80

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks. i'll post pics as soon as my camera charges.

i took it back apart, but don't really see anything burnt or (popped). i've never messed with a tv before so maybe i'm just missing it. it's just weird how its acting. the remote doesn't work at all and the only button that works on the front is the power button. everytime i turn it on, it cycles through the exact same screens, the only thing i can do is turn it off and on. sometimes when i turn it on, the initial setup screen looks a little distorted, but if i turn it off and on again, the picture of the menu usually looks fixed then. i'm so lost.
luchador

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: luchador from Costa RIca Reply with quote

It seems your issue is possibly the keyboard, it might be still wet and cause this disturb to the main processor, so clean (with a solvent like thiner)and afterwards, dry up the little board where buttoms are located and dont forget to check up carefully all around, if it continues working bad, clean and dry the pins of the processor in the same way.
God luck, let me know how it turned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com