Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi M/N-CT2529 No Picture, No sound    

RETSGraduate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Hitachi M/N-CT2529 No Picture, No sound Reply with quote

I have had a Hitachi console TV, M/N-CT2529 for some time now. Recently when I press the power button the "red" LED comes on. Pressing the on/off switch energizes the 12V relay, and the green "on" LED and the set comes on briefly (1 sec.) then goes off. Power LED stays on. Relay stays energized. Green "on" LED goes off. No picture. No sound. Checked the 12V (SET) bus and no voltage. Checked the 12V (remote control bus) and the AC12V bus and both okay. Checked the 130VDC bus and it reads about 150VDC.
Not sure where the 12V (Set) bus is derived from. I suspect a capacitor problem somewhere but am unable to tell for sure.
Another hint. Sometimes when I leave the power button in the "on" position for several minutes then depress the on/off button the raster and sound will come on for several minutes but then will go off immediately if I input a video signal.
I know the set is old and parts would be real hard to find but for my own satisfaction I would like to pin point the problem. Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com