Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Hitachi Plasma TV 55hdt79 has no picture    

jdftwrth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Hitachi Plasma TV 55hdt79 has no picture Reply with quote

Hi,

We own a Hitachi Plasma TV model: 55hdt79 that has stopped working.

I was watching the danged thing last night and all off a sudden the screen went black, don't know about the sound because we had the tv's speakers turned off.

The main power turns on and off so the tv's power is in standby and I can bring the tv out of standby by using the remote control but thats it.

I bought this tv new in 2006, it died once before in 2008 and 2 boards had to be replaced, three years later its died again.

I am beginning to wonder if its repairing it or just sell it for parts.

Any ideas on what I can do (except finding that bottle of Jack Daniels, I did that last night)?

Look forward to any assistance anyone might offer.

JD
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

CelicaSupra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does it have picture and no sound as per the title, sound but no picture, or do you not know as per the message body?

My feeling from what you say is that you have no picture, if that's the case then make sure you have sound by switching it on (obviously with some form of AV input) & turning the volume up.

In the case of the set having sound but no picture, most likely fault is the T-con (timing control) board or the ribbon cables which connect it with the mainboard & panel. This assumes that the backlight is working, if the backlight is NOT working then possibly the CCFL inverter board needs a look over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com