Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Horizontal Green Lines - Repair or Replace?    

darkadun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Horizontal Green Lines - Repair or Replace? Reply with quote

So, I have a Sharp Aquios LCD, a good 8-10 years old. Started showing horizontal green lines awhile back. Weird thing is if I unplugged the power cable and plugged it back in, it fixed the problem. This worked for awhile but now the lines are there 100% of the time. The flicker and fluctuate but I've tried different cords, outlets, etc...and its still there. I'll attach a picture.

But, my main question is if it looks like a problem worth fixing. I'd pay $50 bucks to fix it and don't really have the money to buy a new TV, but my gut is saying to fix this thing will be $200 or more, which at that point I could get a pretty good new 4k TV for $500-$800 bucks.

What do you guys think?

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether I go with A-q-u-i-o-s (About 85,600 results) or A-q-u-o-s (About 1,200,000 results), that is a lot of results to have to go through.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's cleverly trying to tell you that we need a model number to help you. No Pro TV repairman is going to fix it for $50, if that is what you are asking.
darkadun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. The model number is LC-46D62U.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any blinking front panel LEDs?

Anything suspicious noted once back of set is removed (Puffed/Leaky capacitors or smoke damage)? Especially on Power board.
Try carefully unplugging ribbon type cables at tcon and reseating?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

darkadun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Any blinking front panel LEDs?

Anything suspicious noted once back of set is removed (Puffed/Leaky capacitors or smoke damage)? Especially on Power board.
Try carefully unplugging ribbon type cables at tcon and reseating?

No blinking on the front panel. I'll check for damage and try resetting the ribbon cables. Thats a good idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com