Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
how do I remove VIZIO VW46LF LCD back panel?    

business-spice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: how do I remove VIZIO VW46LF LCD back panel? Reply with quote

Well I have a horrid VIZIO 46" LCD VW46LF model. I am simply looking to get into the guts of the thing and most TVs I have worked on the back panel just comes off pretty easy. This one is giving me quite a bit of trouble and I don't want to damage it or the casing by prying. I have called VIZIO tech support but they cant help me they said. I have removed ALL visible screws and the stand, I can lift up on the bottom portion of the back panel to remove it from the casing however both sides and top are secured to either the sides of the tv or the front trim surround. The actual back panel is 1 molded piece that also wraps around the sides to meet the trim around the front display. It is on the sides and the top that I cannot get it removed from the rest of the set. It seems stuck in place by either clips or something. Anyone that has removed this, if you can please help me out by letting me know the trick to getting this off. I have tried to pry pretty toughly and I am afraid that in prying it I may break it.

Here is the VIZIO website for the model I am talking about: http://www.vizio.com/vw46lfhdtv10a.html#support

Here is a pic of the type of TV:

Here is the back of the tv:

there are buttons on one side that go through the back trim piece I am trying to remove. Again the back trim piece is molded around the sides, therefore making the back and sides 1 piece and the holes for the buttons are cut out. I figure if I get the opposing side off I can lift off the side with the buttons last to get them to clear since they protrude out.

Thank you so much in advance for nay help you can provide.[/url]
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawzall or TNT? Just kidding.

You are probably on the right track.
Usually you will learn the secret once the back has been removed.
sdtv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult

Where it says brand type in vizio and hit enter.

I bet one of the vizio manuals will show you how.

maybe the vw32l ?

Click at the bottom of the page where it says GET MANUAL after you select one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com