Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
how to get crt socket board off tube    

michdad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: how to get crt socket board off tube Reply with quote

JVC AV48P777 ch. a137

TV turned off by itself, then wouldn't turn on this morning. I found a crt socket arcing inside the molex type plug with the red wire in it next to the tube when i plugged it in to find out what the noise was, i want to get circuit board off the tube so a local can repair it. they told me to pull it straight down/away from the tube. i have removed the 'silicone' that seemed to hold it in place but i cannot get the socket-board off the tube. it acts like it wants me to pull one side down to 'fold' it off the tube. please help scared i will break it- lol.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lefty Loosy, Righty Tighty."

No seriously, on 99.9% of boards with CRT sockets soldered to them you pull straight back (away from the CRT face). DO be sure you have cut all the silicone and loosened any clamps (rare). Try to hold onto the board at its strongest points - you "rock" it gently as you also pull away from tube.

If all else fails, I (and the Mythbusters) hear "C-4" will resolve any issue.

P.S. - you may have a broken CRT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com