Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
How to Replace CRT Coolant in a Blurry Rear Projection TV   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: How to Replace CRT Coolant in a Blurry Rear Projection TV Reply with quote

http://www.riddledtv.com/journal/CRTCoolant/

just finished this repair walkthrough, although I am sure it will still be revised. I'd appreciate any feedback (good or bad) you have on it.

Thanks
-Jim Riddle

Last edited by kuhurdler on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

SirSmegalot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot thank you enough for this writeup
I was about to take my tv down to the street now its better than it was new

many thanks

ps- dont syphon the fluid out with a hose and your mouth like I did lol
coachmatt42

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just completed the procedure following the walkthrough. I am have a major problem with the convergence. The blue seems to be too large. Even when I line the cross hairs, the white cross hair is 3/4 the size of the blue. Do you have an idea on how i can adjust this???? This was performed on a 52" phillips 51pp9303h 17.. Thnx Matt
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn set off.

Using a small paint brush remove all dust/contamination from the G2/Focus block.

Using a bright light, identify the row of FOCUS controls on the block and identify which color is which.

Remove Screen

Put up center cross or crosshatch.

Looking directly into CRT adjust the focus for that crt for the smallest centercross/crosshatch lines.

Do this for each crt.

Reinstall the main screen.

Put up the centercross and seperate the colors.

Install a piece of typing paper taped over the center cross.

From the back of the set look up at where the centercross is and you should be able to see the individual colors.

Adjust the thumb screw for the smallest line for each corresponding color.

DO NOT ADJUST THIS WITH THE ELECTRONIC ADJUSTMENT ON THE g2 BLOCK. THIS IS THE OPTICAL ADJUSTMENT.

Recombine the centercross.

Hopefully you are fixed.

Hope this helps

Jesse.
coachmatt42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i did just as you said an during the convergence process my screen pulsated then shut off. I have the pulsating beep but no power running to crt's.... help!!! By the way i was making corrections from the front of set in sdm....
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse didn't say anything about convergence. What all did you do?
coachmatt42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I preformed a coolant change on the blue and green guns of a phillips 51pp9303h 17. I was in sdm mode doing the convergence when the screen flickered a couple of times then shut off. When I turn the set back on i get a constant beeping sound but no power to crt's.....
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unplug the set and let it reset, plug back in and set may come back on. If you followed the fluid change directions you certainly do not need to go into any of the service menu's. The normal consumer menu is all that you need.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
coachmatt42

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so, but this is just my tinker set. I think the blue crt is arcing. I cant figure out where it is coming from...
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have coolant leaking into the yoke windings you will start arcing between the yoke and the crt and will not be able to visably see the arc.
Only way to check this is to remove the yoke and clean crt and yoke - you usually can see a possible burn spot on the yoke. Sometimes this can be corrected with silicone if it has not progressed to far.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com