Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
How to test CCFL bulb    
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> Anything Goes

mikey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: How to test CCFL bulb Reply with quote

Dear All,

Hi,

I recently salvaged two pieces CCFL backlight bulb from a broken Sharp 10.5 inch LCD Display Screen Model LQ15X14. (refer image 0647)[/img]

I wish to test the above CCFL bulb with this inverter for CCFL. The input is 12V DC, output is 900V 50Hz. [img]

Anyone know how to connect the black plug two white wires from inverter output to CCFL bulb pink and white wire? Does it matter which white output goes to pink CCFL bulb? Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help. Very Happy [/img]
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how to connect the black plug two white wires from inverter output to CCFL bulb pink and white wire? With the appropriate adapter/extension cables. Unless you want to pull the pins from the connector(s) you show (or cut wires - which I wouldn't recommend.
For example: http://store.lcdparts.net/CCFL-Accessories_c_10.html
INVERTER FOR CCFL may need to run bulbs in pairs to stay on longer than a few seconds.

Does it matter which white output goes to pink CCFL bulb? NO. Not for testing, at least.
mikey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: How to test CCFL bulb Reply with quote

JTS1957,

Thanks for the reply. I pulled the pink/white pin from the CCFL bulb connector temporarily and joined to white wire output of inverter.
Then supply 12V DC power to input red (positive)/black(negative) of inverter.

Voila, both the CCFL bulb light up (like a mini fluorescent lamp) meaning the bulb is not completely dead yet. These I will keep in my "junk box" for future hobby use or for testing purpose.

Have a good day to you ! Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com