Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Ilo(Funai) CR320IL8A - Picture gets gradually darker    

david.kinter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Ilo(Funai) CR320IL8A - Picture gets gradually darker Reply with quote

I am attempting repair a CRT television, Model # CR320IL8A produced by Funai(ILO). The picture starts dark and gradually gets darker as the run time of the TV goes up. I am familiar with electronics, but not TV's. From what I am reading the tube may be at fault. How do I test for this? If it is indeed bad, how do I remove the tube from the rest of the TV? I have removed the small circuit board from the back of the tube and don't see anything holding it in but it cannot be slipped out. By tube, are they referring to the Vacuum Tube(Large back side of the screen) or the electron gun(Looks like a light bulb)? If I am incorrect in any of the terminology please correct me.

I've tried adjusting the contrast, color, and brightness via the in-tv menu to no avail. Even with full brightness its still dark. Tools available to me: Soldering iron, multimeter, and everyday garage tools.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found service literature.
Check ALL solder joints, foils traces, etc. in the filament path.
Filament starts at Flyback transformer (T571) pin 4 and pin 7 (ground). Leaves Pin 4 and passes through R583 (3.3 ohm 2 watt - check to see if opened). It leaves the resistor and goes to main board to CRT board jumper wire (WH501A pin 3 to WH501B pin 3) then to a CRT socket pin (JK1501 Pin 8 ). Ground connection is pin 2 of WH501A/B jumper. Ground pin on CRT socket is pin 7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com