Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Insignia 30" CRT HDTV doesn't turn on    

mikeandbrooke07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Insignia 30" CRT HDTV doesn't turn on Reply with quote

Insignia 30" CRT HDTV
model# IS-TVHD30
chassis TJ306

TV doesn't turn on, I have had it for 3 years now with no problems. no red standby light when it is off and plugged in like usual. at first I thought it was the power supply but whenever I plug it back in I can hear a click like its drawing power and then I hear a slight pop in the speaker, then nothing. It does this every time I plug it back in. Opened up the back, the fuse is still good. just one burnt spot at the middle of the board, location looks like D518 (im guessing that's a diode?) its circled in the pictures. could this one diode keep my TV from turning on and would this be an easy fix? did anything else fail along with it that I cant immediately see? I'd like to attempt to fix this myself rather than take it somewhere as its a pretty big TV and i have a little car to transport it. if i took this to a tech what do you think it would cost? thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4362/backoftv.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5423/14111219.jpg
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Area you point out DOES show evidence of being subjected to heat from that diode, but have you tested diode with a DVM to be sure its bad?
mikeandbrooke07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, I havent tested anything. I don't have a voltmeter. I just assumed since it looked burned that it was the problem.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Looks can be deceiving."
Nynex

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: schimatics?? Reply with quote

Did you ever get the schimatics for the is-tvhd30?

i called insignia and they said its not avaliable to public..

someone has to have it you would think....
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Inkedivxx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This model, Insignia IS-TVHD30, is made by:

XIAMEN OVERSEAS CHINESE ELECTRONIC CO LTD
HULI INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT
22 HULI BLVD
XIAMEN, FUJIAN 361006 CHINA

Useless info? Uh? Seen that on a Wal-Mart shelf?
They made units for Insignia and Memorex. Even plasma TV's for Sanyo and Vizio.

This TV chassis is TJ306 (see paper tag on the top of the main board in the front right corner). Do a search for Advent Service Manual TJ306. Some sites will tell you that this Insignia model is the same as the Advent HT3061A; IT IS NOT.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here:
http://www.electronica-pt.com/index.php/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,34/func,fileinfo/id,11201/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com