Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Insignia NS-39L240A13 No Power    

Kookie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Insignia NS-39L240A13 No Power Reply with quote

Came home one day to turn on my Insignia NS-39L240A13 Rev.D, and nothing. Deader than a doornail. No little red light even on the front. Thought there might be something wrong with the outlet. Tried other things, outlet works. Took off the back, plugged it in, tested it with a volt meter. Itís getting power and it doesnít indicate the voltages on some of the pin outs so guessed it might be just a PS issue. Ordered a new one for around $30. Swapped it out. I still get nothing. Wonít turn on at all. No light in front either.

Got the TV on a black Friday special a while back. So, it only lasted 17 months. Was a nice TV. Worked a-ok, no indications of going bad. Really canít afford a new TV right now. Was willing to throw $30 buck at it though. What could I test to see what to fix? I donít have an oscilloscope, do have meters though. Excellent soldering skills. Not tons of time though. New control board is about $50 bucks. Donít know at this point to go ahead. Donít want to throw good money after bad. Can ya' help me out?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Kookie

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I fixed it with a new control board. Was about $50, but have my TV back. Oh, and an extra PS, lol. So, all in all, no deal on that TV. It now cost me about what it should have. Hope this new board last longer than 15 months. Kinda doubt it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com