Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Insignia Plasma "Pop of Death" Model NS-PDP5    

klstaller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Insignia Plasma "Pop of Death" Model NS-PDP5 Reply with quote

My tv was on and I heard a loud "pop" sound. The screen went black. I can't get any display. I can turn the tv "on" (green light) and "off" (red light), but no display. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix?

Someone suggested the fuse (10amp, 250volt) next to the power cord, but that one is still good. I didn't test the other two (4amp, 250volt) on the opposite side of the tv. The back panel is currently removed. No obvious burn marks or breakage. Except for the dust, it all looks "fine".

If this isn't an easy fix, is it at least a cheap fix or should I just look for a new tv? I've had this one for 5+ years, but I'm quite attached to the display (coloring and clarity of picture) of this tv.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Diesel19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: solution Reply with quote

Hi
Try replacing the YSus board. Can probably get from ShopJimmy.com for under $50. This is common for going out with these simptoms on LG brand tv's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com