Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
JVC AV 27745    

1968RT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: JVC AV 27745 Reply with quote

I have the typical vertical shrink. Can anyone tell me if there are free schematics available, or tell me where the vertical IC is on the PBC? I found an IC marked D1555 which I thought was it, resoldered it, but no luck. The problem is intermittent and can be "fixed" by tapping on the heatsink or nearby components such as cap C530. Sometimes the picture shrinks to nothing, and other times just a little at the bottom with a noise bar. I can bring on the problem and fix it by tapping on that IC's heatsink.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange. We were discussing a similar set just last week. Our model number ended with a 's' though. Presuming yours is actually a 's' too ...

D1555 is a Horizontal Output TRANSISTOR. Probable bad solder joint if tapping temporarily cures.

Last week's thread:
http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/jvc-av-2774s-shrunk-picture-t2144.html

Service literature:
http://elektrotanya.com/jvc_av2774s.pdf/download.html
curtis wolfe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMOVE ALL SOLDER AND RESOLDER VERTICAL IC. (PN: LA7837)
1968RT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it. Thanks again you guys for the info. JTS1957 for the schematic and Curtis Wolfe for id'ing the vertical IC. I read the previous repair for this model, but I didn't see where that the fix related to my problem. By the way I swear that the 5 and the S on the label are the same. This set was made in august of '94 and on the label it looks as if it reads augu5t! I am sure you guys get a little tired of the same questions over and over, so thanks again for your patience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com