Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
JVC AV-32890 Screen is black and popping sounds    

Webslinger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: JVC AV-32890 Screen is black and popping sounds Reply with quote

JVC AV-32890 32 in. (no chassis number could be found) purchased in 1997. TV has worked great until two days ago. I had left it on downstairs while I finished dinner. The program the TV was turned to was on and could be heard from upstairs. After some time, I began hearing popping noises coming from downstairs. Went to investigate and found the TV's picture screen to be black/dark and the popping sounds were coming from the TV speakers. The indicator light located under the 'power on' button was dark. It is normally lit up red.
I used the remote control and the 'power on' button to try and turn the TV off and on, but nothing happened except continuous random popping. The popping stopped once I unplugged the power chord.
I have tried leaving the TV unplugged several times (a few minutes, an hour and overnight) then plugged it back in to see if it works. I get nothing. Screen remains black/dark and popping noises occur, though not as bad as at first.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Stephanie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: JVC AV-32890 32 in. Screen is black and popping sounds Reply with quote

My JVC TV just started doing the same thing. Did you ever get any response to your post? Thanks. Stephanie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com