Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
JVC AV-36260 video intermittent    

draper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: JVC AV-36260 video intermittent Reply with quote

I'm trying to repair a JVC AV-36260 that consistently,after 15 -25 minutes, has it's picture go black and loses HV (no screen static) but sound remains good. A well placed Whack will make the picture come back but immediately fade away. Unplug and let cool and it goes through the same cycle again.I haven't spotted any apparent heat damage or loose solder joints. I would sure appreciate any help and recommendations.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you've got a cold solder joint. My guess would be on the vertical IC, but perhaps it is elsewhere since you said it had no HV.

get a wooden chopstick and start poking around with the TV on. See if you can find the broken circuit.
draper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was thinking a cracked or missed solder joint but couldn't seem to locate. I went back and pulled the electronics tray and positioned it to resolder/touch-up all major solder points for the flyback and V-out ckts. Apparently I got it, its doing great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com