Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
JVC AV-36850 , will not start    

Archie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: JVC AV-36850 , will not start Reply with quote

Hi Folks,
I need help with this JVC model AV-36850. The set will not start. Relay clicks, main fuse is good. Re soldered many cold solder spots. There is 160 volts on main large cap.
Thanks in advance for your tech support.
Joe
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Robert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check C926 1000@16vdc
Terry

Joe, there is a 1000uf. cap on the secondary of SMPS ( don't recall the
exact location,) but just bridge it and see if the set will start up.Ther
may be 2 of them it is the one on the upper right of the SMPS trans,
supplying the 18 or 20 +/- supply. Hope this helps. I'm not in the shop just
now.

Terry
Archie

Thanks to all for responding. Replacing of C926 fixed the problom.
Have a blessed Sunday.
Joe
donjulio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: JVC 36850 will not start also! Reply with quote

Hi there,

After a faithfull 8 years and with a sharper image than my flatpanel TVs, the JVC turned itself off and did not want to start. I found this information on replacing the c926 and eve that it looked fine and tested fine. I replaced it with Radio Shack 1000@35v but it still does not start and I just hear a click around the HOT. I don't see anything blown or burned and I will love to get this unit back working!

Any advice will be appreciated!

Julio
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

bradobrado

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Another successful C926 repair! Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks to Robert and Terry! (and all other responders) I fell asleep Sunday night with my AV-36850 working fine, when I awoke it still had raster, but no intelligible picture. Turned it off and back on, but it would not restart. The next day I checked google for clues, found this forum, and went straight to C926 that night. I had one in stock, and had the set working again in less than an hour including a serious cleaning. THANKS!!
Chuckiebtoo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: On/off fix for my JVC av-36850 (c926) Reply with quote

I'm new here after finding this fix for my old TV. Repaired it yesterday. Thanks. I'm really glad to find this site.

Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com