Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
JVC AV48WP34    

peterb

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: JVC AV48WP34 Reply with quote

This set had bad STK IC's. I can't get the convergence to adjust.
Also there is no customer menu. I get a black box on the screen when trying to get the menu on.
Any ideas?
TIA,

Peterb
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a communication error with the eeprom. I think you're going to need to start using the oscope.

you might want to take a look at this thread though:
http://www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/06-2005/msg00746.html
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: black box - no cust menu - convergence will not adjust Reply with quote

Sounds like two possibilities, These IC's are in the front and when you remove the board to replace them it is exceedingly easy to unplug or partially unplug some harnessing. This could cause the loss of menu's.
As to the Convergence problem, When these IC's fail they invariably cause the 1 watt resistors on the pcb to open. They are of low resistance value and are very important. The convergence WILL NOT ADJUST if they are not replaced. Value of these components is critical, do not substitute with something just close. Also, not knowing your experience, it is exceedingly easy to cause solder bridges on the IC's. I use a loup to check before reassembling.

Good Luck
Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com