Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
JVC LT-42E488 - red video    

rwslippey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: JVC LT-42E488 - red video Reply with quote

Good Evening everyone (Actually it looks like its morning already)

I was offered a tv today that has slight issues. It appears to have a red color cast to everything. I've played with the menu settings for picture control and haven't been able to get it to come any closer to normal, however the adjustment do work.

I've taken a look inside and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Except that the coaxial connector for the tv receiver appears bent outward of the tv. Almost like someone tried to pick it up forgetting the coax was connected. Other than that, no caps looked like they were leaking or toasted. I've tried both RCA input and HDMI and it affects both inputs equally. Additionally I ran the demo from within the menu and it also appears, although not nearly as bad as the demo is mostly intended to be blue.

I've got some electronics experience (amateur radio) so I'd like to repair it myself. At this point I think the issue is with 1 of the 3 boards... excuse me because I'm not exactly sure what the boards are called (probably enough of that electronics experience to get myself in trouble, without killing myself)

So between the 2 right most boards (middle and right) I'm not really sure. The boards house different inputs (middle = RCA connections, right outer board = HDMI/USB TV Receiver) I guess the question is which way it flows. The problem is experienced on both inputs (RCA, HDMI) so that didn't help to rule it out, also as I stated above it's visible on the demo program within the firmware as well.

I'm hoping someone has some ideas or if they can at least tell me if I'm on the right track.

I guess the next question would be if it's possible to find parts for this thing or not?

Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.shopjimmy.com/jvc/lt-42e488
Board names as well as the fact they can use more than one part number during production. Appears you may be stuck with fleabay and private market. Let the Buyer beware.
rwslippey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
http://www.shopjimmy.com/jvc/lt-42e488
Board names as well as the fact they can use more than one part number during production. Appears you may be stuck with fleabay and private market. Let the Buyer beware.

Fleabay.... fun.

Any idea which direction I should go? Main board or T-con?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been able to locate a manual. Sorry.

I don't think you can rule out even the panel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com