Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
JVC projection TV (av-56wp30)    

jmorrow24

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: JVC projection TV (av-56wp30) Reply with quote

I have had this TV for about 6 years. And for about the last year, after it powers up,either the picture is perfectly normal, or you'll see nothing but solid green flickering on the top 2/3 of the screen, the bottom of the screen is black, with an arch shaped bordering between the two. I took off the front to check ic's but not sure where they are, but did notice all 3 colors are just flickering. So once i get a picture i just leave the tv on. Could this be a leak or ic problem? Any insight is appreciated and would save me power and a headache.

Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are describing a very expensive problem. I do hope I am wrong. Take the back off and observe the chassis layout. Note the upright board (daughter board) that has all of the audio/video input connectors on it. (Where you plug in all of your auxillary equipment.) There is a board that is in the center and exactly at right angles to the AV board and it is completely covered with shielding. While the set is on, take a fairly large screwdriver and with the insulated (handle) end and tap on the shielding of this board. If you get a response, as in the symptoms come and go, this board will be defective. Unfortunately, there is no schematic to this board and no layouts available. This is due to the very expensive equipment necessary to service this board and is only done at PTS or at the factory. (the IC's have no legs and the entire board has to be heated to remove the ic's).
Now for the bad part. If, and is am saying if, this board is needed, the part number is SSB0D051A-M2 and the wholesale cost is $523.47 with a retail of $686.28 and a core charge of $200.00.
As I said, I do hope I am wrong.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com