Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 26LX1R won't turn on   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

skor78

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: LG 26LX1R won't turn on Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a 26" LCD TV from LG, model 26LX1R, that won't turn on. It as the red light indicating power, but it won't respond to either power button on TV or remote.

Additional info:
- Symptoms started happening by not responding to power button in the morning, after turning on power cord, from 5min up to 1h until it worked..
- The TV was connected to a protective power cord, that was switched off at night and on in the morning.
- TV was tested plugged into the wall, with a different power cord and in a different house (to test electrical distribution).

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

skor78

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've opened the TV even before i posted here, capacitors seem fine, but without an ESR available it's difficult to be sure. I forced the tv on by shorting pwr connector with 5v (in standby i can only read the 5V, others (3.3V,6V,12V,24V) are off), i ear the switch "tlac", backlight and voltages come on, and seems fine, but it's hard to check everything because i have one hand occupied on the short and the tv on a precarious position..

It seems to me that the board/IC that is supposed to provide continuous 5V through the pwr connector is not doing its job.

But right now it's all still very blurry to me, i'm gonna do some more tests and post results.
If you have any more suggestions they would be deeply appreciated!!
CelicaSupra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So youre saying the set switches on & appears to work normally when you apply 5v? (could be a help if you temporarily attach the 5v supply so you have your hands free to plug an AV source into it/change channels etc to test that it really is working properly with it on)

when you apply the 5v does the set switch on straight away or do you have to apply 5v then press power button?

when you remove your jumper wire does the set then stay on or switch itself back off?

And you're taking the 5v from the set's own power board, or from an outside source?
skor78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi celica, thaks for your reply. If you need any more info just ask.

CelicaSupra wrote:
So youre saying the set switches on & appears to work normally when you apply 5v? (could be a help if you temporarily attach the 5v supply so you have your hands free to plug an AV source into it/change channels etc to test that it really is working properly with it on)
"...it's hard to check everything because i have one hand occupied on the short and the tv on a precarious position.."yes it seems to work normally, but i'll try to do it hands free as you ask. thanks.
when you apply the 5v does the set switch on straight away or do you have to apply 5v then press power button?
straight away
when you remove your jumper wire does the set then stay on or switch itself back off?
yup, immediately off
And you're taking the 5v from the set's own power board, or from an outside source?
from the power board. 5V it's the only voltage on until i shunt 5V to power on/off connector

5V is right next to pwr in the cable connector that goes to the main board. i only made a quick screwdriver shunt.

Regards.
CelicaSupra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, from that and without having direct experience of this set or being able to look over it, i'd be inclined to search for either a bad electrolytic capacitor somewhere or other, or possibly cracked solder joint.

I could be way off because ive been up for about 32 hours right now but probably i'd get the magnifying glass out & trace through A) that 5v circuit to try find where the power disappears & B) if nothing found there maybe trace back from the power button... hopefully somebody else will make more sense than im managing at the moment Confused
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

skor78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

New info. When i shunt 5VSB and PWR ON/OFF, tv works fine, even ON/OFF button on the dash works fine. Problem is, when it's shunted, and i plug it to the wall, the tv automatically turns on. I fear this can damage the tv with a power peak. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I'm not understanding you correctly,
yes, if your power supply is malfunctioning, leaving it shunted long term is most certainly a bad idea. It should be done for testing/diagnosis purposes only.

You'll need to repair the 5V section of the power supply or just replace the power supply itself.

please forgive me if this was already your intent.
skor78

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

U'r not understanding correctly mate, please read this thread to better understand the issue. It's not a power board problem, it's a POWER ON/OFF line issue, which points to Q1001 faulty part, but it's still untested.

http://www.tv-forums.com/forum/TV_Equipment_C4/TV_Repair_Forum_F3/LG_26_LCD_wont_turn_on_P126022/

If you want to check the service manual, just google "LG 26LX1R service manual" and you'll find a .pdf within the first page results.

Thanks, regards.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, didn't realize I was getting two-timed. looks like they're further along on that thread. please do us a favor and let us know what fixed it.
tal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skor78 wrote:
Hi,

New info. When i shunt 5VSB and PWR ON/OFF, tv works fine, even ON/OFF button on the dash works fine. Problem is, when it's shunted, and i plug it to the wall, the tv automatically turns on. I fear this can damage the tv with a power peak. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

hi i have the same problem what you mean that you "shunt" ? im not understand
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com