Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 32LC2D Picture Disappears    

Nicmos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: LG 32LC2D Picture Disappears Reply with quote

Hi all,

We have a 32" LCD TV maker is LG model 32LC2D that is giving us grief and I don't know if we should repair it or get a new one.

Here's the deal. We used to turn it on and the power light would flash once and the picture would appear. Now when I power it up the light flashes about 16 times and it takes anywhere from 5 to 15 mins. for the picture to come on.

It will then work fine for about 30 mins. and then the picture disappears (but the screen is still lit up) after which none of the buttons on remote do anything and the various buttons on the TV itself do not work except the power (and you have to hold that down continually to power off).

We then power it off for about half an hour to one hour and we should get the picture back for another 30 mins. or so.

Should I be shopping for a new television?

Thanks in advance....
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

jwales

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the LG; 37LC2D-UD that is experiencing some of the same problems. It takes up to 2 minutes for the picture and sound to show once turning on. Have watched it for 1 to 2 hours and then the picture and sound disappear but the TV is still on. The screen is bluish gray, like back lighting. I am curious to here what the problem is. If this is common with LG I wonder if the company would cover the fix???
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set could be vintage 2006. I see NO chance in hell of the company even giving you the time of day.
Nicmos

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwales wrote:
I have the LG; 37LC2D-UD that is experiencing some of the same problems. It takes up to 2 minutes for the picture and sound to show once turning on. Have watched it for 1 to 2 hours and then the picture and sound disappear but the TV is still on. The screen is bluish gray, like back lighting. I am curious to here what the problem is. If this is common with LG I wonder if the company would cover the fix???

My issue exactly. Have yet to find a solution anywhere.
lainii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: LG 32LC2D TV won't turn on Reply with quote

At first, it would take a few minutes to "warm up" and show picture. Then it was about 15 mins, flashing a magenta screen before showing a picture, now it's HOURS! Today, I haven't even been able to turn it on successfully at all! Sad

I think it's a similar issue to those expressed in this forum, and I wondered if anyone found a resolution?

Is it worth repairing? Or do I buy a new telly?

An LG repairman will charge $160 just for a call out fee...

Interested in any advice you may have

Cheers,

Lainii
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

curtis wolfe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look for puffed caps on the power supply board
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com