Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
LG 32LE5300 Screen shuts off   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

moveson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: LG 32LE5300 Screen shuts off Reply with quote

LG 32''
model 32LE5300

hey guys thanks for the help in advance. I seem to be having some issues with my 32le5300 led TV. the problem. I turn my TV on and after about 5-15 mins the tv screen just turns off its in a open area. its like its going into screen saver mode where the picture turns off but i can still control channel and volume.. any ideas.. the LG guy said check my sleep timer...i also talked to a lg rep over chat and she said unplug and hold power button for 30secs the leave unplugged for another 5 and try it again... still nothing and my warranty is 1months 22 days past
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

classymousetech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it act like it's gone to sleep, or does it act like the TV doesn't realize the screen isn't displaying a picture? How do you get the picture back on?
My first inclination would be a failing power supply. The power supply provides the power directly to the backlight. Generally, most picture loss problems are actually backlight problems. The first thing I'd try is to hold a powerful flashlight up to the screen at a 45 degree angle and see if you can see a picture at all, when the TV is on with no picture. If you can, the backlight is definitely at fault.
Backlights themselves almost never go bad. It's always the power source for the backlight. I've had a few of the LED TVs now that have had bad capacitors on the power board that have caused this exact symptom.
Let me know if you don't have a picture when you use a flashlight, and I'd be happy to help further.
moveson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do see a little something
moveson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tv has a feature that is power saving that you can turn off the screen only and thats what its acting like ,i can only get my picture back by turning off and on the TV then 5-10 mins later it does it again and one time it did turn back on with no picture i unplugged it and re plugged it and worked again for 5-10 mins , and yes i held a flash light to the TV and i do see movement/picture
classymousetech

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and yes i held a flash light to the TV and i do see movement/picture

Okay, it's definitely your backlight.
There are 2 possibilities why the backlight went out. It may be that the firmware is corrupted, and the mainboard is turning it off, as if it had switched to low-power mode. Or, more likely, the power board is failing. I just checked, and didn't see a firmware update available for your TV, so my first recommendation would be to open up the back and check for any bulged capacitors. If there are any, that is definitely your problem. You could replace them individually if you want to soldier, or you can just replace the power board (typically about a $75 part). http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=32LE5300+power
There appear to be (at least) two different power supplies used in your TV, so if you're going to order a replacement, I would recommend looking at the board and comparing the part numbers listed on it with the ones available to order.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

moveson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my shxt would break after 1 year and 2 months with a 1yr warranty .... well thank you so much for all you help
classymousetech

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that there has been a class action lawsuit settlement against Samsung for exactly this sort of problem. You might open your TV and see -- a lot of these have parts made by Samsung. I don't know if you can get in on the action, but it couldn't hurt to try.
Cheers
moveson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i got a new power board and still no picture, with this one it doesnt even try to turn on ... i still get sound and control of the tv but no picture, and i can still see movement with a flashlight ... maybe i have to jump start it or something or should it just pop on
classymousetech

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the power board? I would suspect a DOA. See if they'll take it back. The other possibility is a bad backlight bulb, but that is very uncommon, and requires replacing the whole screen.
There's no way to 'jumpstart' the backlight, that's what the inverter does (the inverter is part of the power board).
I would contact whoever sold you the power supply and tell them it's DOA.
I would also just check all of the connections to make sure they're all plugged in tightly.
moveson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for the tip. i called shopjimmy and the tech said its most likely a DOA also so i am sending it back, but the don't have another one : /
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com